Vice-regal patronage is an important way to help recognise the activities and achievements of an organisation.
The Governor-General, His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd) and Lady Cosgrove act as Patron to over 200 organisations working across diverse sectors such as health, children and families, Indigenous people, regional Australia, education, the arts, defence and services.
As Patrons, the Governor-General and Lady Cosgrove participate in a range of engagements with their respective patronages, including:
- attending functions and other official events to recognise staff, volunteers and donors
- undertaking site visits, meeting clients, and assisting with service delivery; and
- hosting receptions and providing hospitality at Government House and Admiralty House.
Vice-regal patronage ceases when the Governor-General and spouse leave office.
Applying for Vice-Regal patronage
- a clear focus on relevant issues or interests of national significance
- a significant record of achievement over at least five years; and
- sound financial management and strong governance arrangements.
as at 30 November 2017
(Government House is not responsible for the content of external sites.)
Organisations of which Lady Cosgrove has agreed to be Patron
|Australian College of Nurse Practitioners|
|Australian Kookaburra Kids Foundation|
|Australian Indigenous Leadership Centre (joint with the Governor-General)|
|Australian Women of the Year Association|
|Canberra Hospital Foundation|
|Cancer Council (ACT)|
|Children’s Medical Research Institute – Canberra Auxiliary Committee|
|Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing|
|Country Women’s Association of Australia|
|Defence Widows’ Support Group|
|Friends of the Australian National Botanic Gardens|
|Friends of Calvary John James Hospital|
|Friends of the School of Music|
|Girl Guides Australia|
|Girls’ Brigade Australia|
|Klavier Music Association|
|Migrant and Refugee Settlement Services ACT|
|National Council of Women of Australia Ltd|
|National Rose Society of Australia|
|Paint the Town Read Ltd|
|Partners of Veterans Australia|
|Partners of Veterans Australia NSW Branch|
|Regional Arts Australia|
|War Widows’ Guild of Australia ACT Branch|